Sunday, April 25, 2010

Golden Wedding Anniversary



I made this card for a couple in our small town who are celebrating their 50th wedding annivesary. The design for this card is totally "lifted" Unfortunately, I do not remember where I saw the card or who made it in order to give credit. To make the card, I started with the circle card feature from the Wild Card Cricut cart. I cut it at 5.5 inches. I used the Martha Stewart heart border punch and the MS branch punch. The heart ribbon slide is from Walmart. They had several packages in their clearance section and I am wishing I had grabbed more. The sentiment on the outside is from a Close To My Heart Stamp set. The large gold flower was made using the 5 petal flower from the George Cricut cart. I cut three of them at 2 inch, 1.75 inches and 1.25 inches. I dampened them with my water color paint brush and then crumpled them up. I let them dry and then opened them back up and used my heat embosing gun to shrink them slightly. The stamen is from a cluster of wedding flowers I found in the clearance section at Michaels. That technique makes a very pretty flower and amazingly after it is dry, it is not fragile and will hold its shape well. The inside sentiment is a poem I found online.

3 comments:

P.G. Lamb said...

This is quite lovely!

Cin said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. Love this. Love your blog too.

Dream of Scrappin' said...

beautiful works of art!