Thursday, May 20, 2010

Purple One!

There is a brand new challenge blog called Jitterbuggin Challenge. This is the very first sketch challenge.

Rules for the challenge were pretty simple. We needed to follow the sketch, use a bug from any Cricut cartridge, use the colors pink and purple and add a flower. I went with the first idea that popped in to my head.

Here is my card:



The first bug I thought of was a VW bug and couldn't resist having a little fun with the challenge. I chose pattern papers that were a little out of my comfort zone so I am hoping the colors work together.
Card details:
Car: Locker Talk Cricut cartridge cut at 1.5 inches
Circle: Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge cut at 5.25 inches
Scalloped Circle: Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge cut at 4.75 inches
Flowers: Home Decor Cricut cartridge cut at 1.75 and 4.75 inches
Lady Bugs: Just Because Carts Cricut cartridge cut at 2.75 inches

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh wow.....I love your "bug!" How orginal and creative. Great card....that patterned paper is fabulous.

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

Sherri

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
These are adorable hun, I love your "bug".
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kelly said...

Too cute. So creative to use the "bug" for your bug!

Leigh said...

This is cute, love your "bug"

Helen said...

This is so cute that I'm featuring it on the Fantabulous Cricut Challege Fantabulous Friday blog today!!

Thanks so much!