Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater


The current challenge at ScrapbookerPhd is to created a shaped or folded card.
I have had this paper in my stash for a couple of years and it has always reminded me of a Christmas sweater.  I used Cricut Craft room to create the card.  I found a shirt in the Everday Paper Doll cartridge and then stretched and welded two together to created the card.
I had fun adding lots of embellishments to make it look "tacky"  The star is a charm and I stitched it to the card so that it won't fall off.  I found a pom pom the perfect size to give Rudolph his red nose and the ribbon is from the dollar spot at Michaels.  I purposely left the ends frayed to give it that well worn look.

Here's the inside:

This card is for a certain someone we constantly tease about wearing ugly sweaters.  However, I think it would also make a great invitation for an Ugly Sweater Party.  I have already received an inviation to attend one Ugly Sweater party this year.

Card Details:
Card shape: Created in Cricut Craft Room
Christmas Tree: Magnolia Doo Hickey die
Reindeer: Cottage Cutz Die
Inside Sentiment: Computer generated by me

Entered in the following challenges:
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
CRAFT challenge: Anything Christmas

8 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Wow! Very different and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Basslady said...

wow...this is so adorable and sweet!

thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

 

Hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo

sweet art designs said...

Actually, your sweater is adorable...and by no means ugly. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

La Papera Gialla said...

This sweater is not ugly at all!
Thanks for entering our C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

Cara said...

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

TRACEY MO said...


What a great card fab image colours

ThankS for joining anything goes at ID

Tracey dt

Aunty Sue said...

lovely project and thanks for sharing at Craft this week

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful shape Ginny x